40 Beauty Quotes That Celebrate the Truly Beautiful
If you need a reminder of how stunning you really are, these beauty quotes will do the trick.
Beauty is more than just physical appearance—but you already knew that. Sometimes, we all just need a little reminder about what makes us truly beautiful, which is why we rounded up these inspirational beauty quotes that will remind you that beauty comes from within. These uplifting quotes about beauty will inspire self-love, confidence, and remind you how important it is to be yourself.
Inspirational beauty quotes
1. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” —Confucius
2. “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.” —Audrey Hepburn
3. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle, and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” —John Lennon
4. “That’s always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they’re pretty. It’s like picking your breakfast cereals based on color instead of taste.” —John Green
5. “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” —Khalil Gibran
6. “To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” —Ellen Degeneres
7. “A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears.” —Anne Roiphe
8. “Beauty is about enhancing what you have. Let yourself shine through.” —Janelle Monae
9. “Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.” —Anonymous
10. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” —Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
These quotes about change will make you optimistic about your future.
Short quotes about beauty
11. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
12. “Beauty is not caused. It is.” —Emily Dickinson
13. “Beauty is an attitude.” —Anonymous
14. “Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.” —John Ray
15. “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.” —Maria Mitchell
16. “There is a kind of beauty in imperfection.” —Conrad Hall
17. “Integrity reveals beauty.” —Thomas Leonard
18. “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Beauty is in the heart of the beholder.” —H. G. Wells
20. “The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.” —Havelock Ellis
Check out these life-changing quotes you certainly won’t forget.
Natural beauty quotes
21. “Beauty shouldn’t be about changing yourself to achieve an ideal or be more socially acceptable. Real beauty, the interesting, truly pleasing kind, is about honoring the beauty within you and without you. It’s about knowing that someone else’s definition of pretty has no hold over you.” —Golda Poretsky
22. “To me, beauty is natural beauty. If you’re naturally yourself, you’re beautiful.” —Young M.A.
23. “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “When you are balanced, and when you listen and attend to the needs of your body, mind, and spirit, your natural beauty comes out.” —Christy Turlington
25. “Beauty lies not in a flawless complexion but in the stories that are told by each transitioning line on a woman’s face.” —Alyscia Cunningham
26. “I know people who’ve had a nose job, and they’ve walked out feeling like a million dollars, and their confidence is tenfold. Good on them! Natural beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes, but if you think surgery would right something you have a problem with, then why shouldn’t you do it?” —Louise Nurding
27. “Beauty is not something you buy; instead, beauty is what lies within.” —Byron Pulsifer
28. “Beauty has a lot to do with character.” —Kevyn Aucoin
29. “I am a natural beauty. I can wear sweatpants and running shoes, and I stop traffic on the street—people have accidents when they drive and they spot me.” —Maryse Mizanin
30. “I love natural beauty, and I think it’s your best look, but I think makeup as an artist is so transformative.” —Marina and the Diamonds
Don’t miss these gratitude quotes that will remind you to be grateful every single day.
Inner beauty quotes
31. “Outer beauty turns the head, but inner beauty turns the heart.” —Helen J. Russell
32. “When beauty lives in the heart, it doesn’t need to show up anywhere else.” —Steve Goodier
33. “In the end, you will not see the physical beauty in others that caught your eye but the fire that burned within them.” —Shannon L. Alder
34. “Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates.” —Kate Angell
35. “What’s the whole point of being pretty on the outside when you’re so ugly on the inside?” —Jess C. Scott
36. “There is no definition of beauty, but when you can see someone’s spirit coming through, something unexplainable, that’s beautiful to me.” —Liv Tyler
37. “Inner beauty, too, needs occasionally to be told it is beautiful.” —Robert Brault
38. “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” —Zoë Kravitz
39. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” —Thich Nhat Hanh
40. “If people were more concerned with how they looked on the inside than on the outside, the world would be a nicer place to exist.” —David Walsh
Now that you’ve read up on these beauty quotes, check out these positive affirmations that will bring you joy and success.