100 Flirty Questions to Ask a Guy That Will Really Get His Attention
Got a secret crush? A new boyfriend? A handsome husband? We've got the perfect flirty questions to ask a guy to fan the flames of love.
Witty banter. Batted eyelashes. A sexy smile. The art of flirting is a time-honored tradition that’s as fun as it is important when it comes to your romantic relationships—whether it’s a guy you’ve just met or the man you’ve been married to for years. “Flirting can break the ice, foster a sense of intrigue and excitement, and create a memorable impression,” says Elizabeth Campbell, a marriage and family therapist in Spokane, Washington. In established relationships, “it keeps the spark alive and deepens emotional connections, contributing to the longevity of romantic partnerships.” And the right flirty questions to ask a guy will definitely do the trick.
But before we reveal the best things to say, an important reminder: When it comes to flirting, how you say something matters just as much as what you say. Use a warm and inviting tone, maintain comfortable eye contact and offer a sincere smile to create connection, says Campbell. If you’re already in a relationship, add a flirty nickname to make things more intimate. Above all, though, be confident. There’s nothing sexier than a self-assured woman, and that can foster a sense of equality in your relationship too.
Ready to get your flirt on? Here are 100 flirty questions to ask a guy to ignite—or keep—the fire burning. Follow up by sending him a few flirty memes and he’ll be totally smitten.
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more relationship tips, humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Flirty questions to ask a guy you just met
RD.com, Getty Images
Got your eye on that cutie at the bar? Once you’ve broken the ice with a solid conversation starter and you’re starting to get cozy, choose questions that will spark a light and fun conversation but will also help you get to know each other, suggests Campbell.
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- What song always gets you dancing?
- Sweet or salty?
- What do you think my favorite food is?
- If we could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you take me?
- What’s the best pickup line you’ve ever used?
- What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever used?
- Beach or mountains?
- What’s something about you that not many people know?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
- What are you passionate about?
- Are you naughty or nice?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- What’s your go-to meal to cook a girl?
- What’s your secret superpower?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- What makes you laugh?
- Do you consider yourself a romantic?
- What do you think is the most interesting thing about women?
- Can I buy you a drink?
Flirty questions to ask a guy you have a crush on
RD.com, Getty Images
Deepen the initial connection and chemistry with your crush by delving into his personal preferences, dreams and experiences, says Campbell. The key here is to see where things will go if given the chance … but without getting too intense. When you want to keep things light, you could also try a flirty knock-knock joke.
- What’s your idea of the perfect date?
- Who was your first crush?
- What was your first kiss like?
- What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever experienced?
- What’s your love language?
- What’s your favorite body part?
- What personality trait do you find the most attractive?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe in fate?
- Have you ever had a dream about me?
- If you could choose any song to explain how you currently feel, what would it be and why?
- Have you ever been in love?
- What’s the biggest lesson you learned from your last relationship?
- Do you have a crush on anyone right now?
- Do you like to be the big spoon or little spoon?
- What do you think about when you’re trying to fall asleep?
- What makes you happy?
- Sunrise or sunset?
- How do you take your coffee?
- What do you sleep in?
- What’s your biggest turn-on?
- How well do you think you know me?
- What are you most looking forward to in your life?
- Should we get out of here?
Flirty questions to ask a new boyfriend
RD.com, Getty Images
The connection is electric, and you now have a new honeybun. Keep the chemistry going with flirty questions that explore what else you have in common … and lead to some romantic plans for the future, says Campbell.
- If you could plan a surprise romantic getaway for us, where would it be?
- What’s something you’d like us to do together that we haven’t tried yet?
- Where do you like to be kissed?
- If we could spend the whole day together, what would we do?
- Do you want to kiss me right now?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t yet?
- What made you first notice me?
- If we were stranded on a desert island and you could only bring one thing, what would it be?
- What makes you feel loved?
- If you could describe me in three words, what would they be?
- What’s your biggest fantasy?
- What do you like the best about our relationship?
- Can we watch your favorite movie together?
- Do you prefer when I’m naughty or nice?
- What’s the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Do you want to live in the country or the city?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Which part of my body do you like the best?
- Do you want a massage?
Flirty questions to ask a long-time love or husband
RD.com, Getty Images
Sometimes, all it takes to revive the spark in a long-term relationship is reminiscing about the past. Get nostalgic about shared memories and experiences to bring back the passion, or keep it simmering, says Campbell. This is one of the secrets of happily married couples.
- If you could relive any moment of our relationship, what would it be?
- What’s a fantasy that you’ve never told me about?
- What’s something new you’d like to try together?
- What’s your favorite vacation we’ve been on?
- How do you think we’re different now than when we first met?
- What’s a personal goal you have for our relationship?
- What do you think we’re really good at together?
- Do you remember our first kiss?
- What do you love most about me?
- What do you love about us?
- What’s the best meal we’ve ever had together?
- What song makes you think of me?
- What do I do that turns you on the most?
- What do you want me to do right now?
- What do you think the teenage you would think about who you ended up with?
- Are you happy with how much time we spend together?
- What’s the best compliment I’ve ever given you?
- Do you know how hot you are?
- Should we go on an adventure?
Flirty questions to take your relationship to the next level
RD.com, Getty Images
To strengthen your relationship, focus on the future. With these flirty questions to ask the guy in your life, you can discuss your goals, your dreams and your commitment to each other with a mix of fun what-ifs and deeper questions, says Campbell. And, of course, amping things up with a little sexual innuendo could be the proverbial icing on the cake, depending on how you’re defining the next level.
- What are you most looking forward to in our future?
- If we could hang out with any three people tonight, who would you invite?
- Do you think our relationship is successful?
- What would you like us to do more of?
- If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
- What’s the last thing I did to make you feel truly loved?
- Do you have a fantasy that we haven’t fulfilled?
- Would you ever go to a nude beach?
- What’s one small thing we could do to strengthen our relationship?
- If we could compete in a reality show together, which one would it be?
- If you could be me for one day, what would you do?
- What’s one thing you learned from me?
- What’s the goofiest thing you find sexy?
- How can we make more time for each other?
- What would you want to do if we won a million dollars?
- Where do you want me to kiss you right now?
- What’s the sexiest thing I could possibly say to you right now?