The Best Labor Day Deals of 2023: Shop Fashion, Beauty, Cleaning and Mattresses
End summer with a bang for your buck (and a new vacuum). These Labor Day sales offer the steepest discounts of the year.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Labor Day is summer’s last hoorah before the temperature drops and leaves start falling. Aside from being a much-anticipated three-day weekend and thoughtful celebration of workers’ rights, Labor Day markdowns prove to be one of the best ways to save a buck. Whether you’re looking for big-ticket appliances, back-to-school supplies or clearance summer fashion, this Sales Editor scoured the internet to compile a list of the best Labor Day sales of 2023.
When do Labor Day sales start?
Labor Day falls on Monday, September 4, 2023. Other than bringing with it a three-day weekend and fewer open restaurants, Labor Day sales are also some of the best deals of the summer. Despite sales historically taking place over the weekend, in recent years online retailers started offering Labor Day deals earlier than ever, including the list below.
Does Amazon have Labor Day sales?
Amazon does offer Labor Day deals on select merchandise, including top sellers and big-ticket finds like furniture, vacuums and electronics. Don’t wait until September 4 to shop—head over to the Amazon Labor Day sale to start saving today!
What goes on sale for Labor Day?
From clothing to appliances and top-of-the-line mattresses, Labor Day deals cover a huge swath of categories. We scanned through reader-favorite brands and our favorite online shops to compile a list of the best Labor Day deals below. Stock up on cleaning supplies, try a meal kit, refresh your fall wardrobe or pick up a few early Halloween decorations ahead of the holiday.
The best Labor Day sales
- Amazon: Amazon’s Labor Day deals range from electronics to pet care and home furnishings. Shop hundreds of savings across dozens of categories on the site, and enjoy free shipping with an Amazon Prime membership or 30-day free trial.
- Etsy: Goodbye, summer. Hello, up to half off! Etsy’s Labor Day deals feature handmade and vintage finds at discounts that will blow your mind.
- Target: Whether it’s appliances, decor or clothing, Target’s Labor Day deals offer discounts in just about every category on-site.
- Walmart: Unsurprisingly, Walmart’s Labor Day deals are some of the best of 2023. Shop discounts on tech, pet items and outdoor finds like patio furniture before the frigid weather settles in.
- Wayfair: Couches and bedding and grills, oh my! Wayfair’s Labor Day deals feature unbeatable savings on thousands of bestselling items.
- Abbott Lyon: The jewelry brand’s Summer Sale runs from August 28-September 4. It features 30% off sitewide, including outlet items. Use code SALE30 at checkout.
- Anthropologie: Take an extra 40% off sale styles during the Labor Day Event at Anthropologie through September 4.
- Bloomingdale’s: Take an extra 30% off a large selection of already reduced items for a total savings of 50-65% before the sale ends on September 4.
- Columbia: Get your go-to jacket for winter 2023 during Columbia’s Labor Day sale and save 25% off sitewide. The sale runs through September 5.
- Cozy Earth: Use our exclusive coupon code RDCOZY for 30% off sitewide and snag our editors’ favorite pajamas at a discount.
- Draper James: Reese Witherspoon’s beloved brand is offering an extra 40% off sale items with code LABORDAY through September 4.
- Eddie Bauer: Save 50% off sitewide (some exclusions apply) plus an extra 50% off clearance with code CANOE50.
- Frame Denim: Through September 4, enjoy an extra 30% off markdowns!
- Girlfriend Collective: Enjoy a whopping 20% off sitewide, plus a special gift with purchase: for orders $125+, shoppers will receive a Please Recycle backpack for free!
- Hermoza: This conservative, stylish swimwear brand is offering 30% off sitewide from September 2-4 with code LD30.
- Lee Jeans: Shop the Sale On Sale for an extra 30% off all sale styles with code LABORDAY.
- Lo & Sons: Lo & Sons is offering up to 50% off essentials until September 11.
- Lululemon: Shop the We Made Too Much section for great finds.
- The North Face: Shop the End of Season sale to save on jackets, shorts and other outerwear. The deals end on September 4.
- Reformation: For a limited time, everything from summer staples to workwear essentials to celeb-fave styles is 30% off. Reformation only goes on sale twice a year so move fast, styles are already selling out.
- ThirdLove: Get up to 50% off sitewide, plus an extra 20% off $150+.
- Ulta: Ulta is holding their 21 Days of Beauty event until September 16.
- Anthropologie: Through September 4, score an extra 40% off sale items, and decor, furniture and candles are up to 50% off.
- Bose: Celebrate Bose Week by shopping their exciting savings event through September 4. It’s full of promos and bundles for almost any electronics enthusiast.
- Dyson: Dyson is offering up to $200 off select vacuums and air purifiers until September 9.
- Flexispot: From August 29 to September 10, Flexispot is offering exclusive discounts on all FlexiSpot Featured Products. The includes the new E7 Pro Premium Standing Desk and C7 Ergonomic Office Chair.
- LG: Save up to 30% on home appliances and electronics, including TVs.
- Made In Cookware: Enjoy 30% off cookware, bakeware, tableware and knives from September 1-4.
- Pottery Barn: Through September 6, enjoy up to 50% off plus free shipping on thousands of home items.
- Roomba iRobot: Save up to $350 on select floor cleaning robots through September 2.
- Samsonite: Through September 12, shoppers enjoy up to 30% off travel gear sitewide, no code necessary.
- Samsung: Snag a new phone, television or smartwatch at a deep discount.
- Sutera: Get 10% off our favorite stone bath mat with code SLIDE10.
Bedding and mattresses
- Avocado: Through September 5, score an extra 10% off almost everything on-site. This includes the editor-tested Avocado Green mattress!
- BedJet: Use code LDAY50 at checkout to get an extra $50 off any Dual Zone System for Couples or Ultimate Climate Comfort + Adjustable Frame bundle! Plus, get up to 30% off new BedJet units, Dual Zone Systems, PowerLayer Adjustable Frames, and select accessories.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Shoppers enjoy 30% off sitewide using the code LABORDAY30 from September 1-5.
- Buffy: Take 20% off eco-friendly bedding through September 10.
- Casper: Through September 12, take up to 20% off mattresses, up to 20% off pillows, up to 50% off adjustables and 20% off everything else.
- Cocoon by Sealy: Score 35% off and get free pillows and sheets for your new bed by shopping Cocoon by Sealy’s Labor Day sale.
- Crane & Canopy: Enjoy up to 60% off bedding, sheets and home décor through September 5.
- DreamCloud: Starting today, DreamCloud mattresses are a staggering 40% off!
- Eight Sleep: Starting today, Eight Sleep is running their Labor Day Sale Early Access. This offer is valid through September 3.
- Ettitude: Get new bamboo bedding or linen covers for less. Score up to 80% off final sale and 20% sitewide.
- Nectar Sleep: Everything is 33% off sitewide through September 5.
- Nolah: Through September 11, get up to $1,200 off mattresses plus two free pillows (a $198 value).
- Saatva: From September 1-4, take up to $600 off Saatva’s mattress offerings.
- Sealy: The mattress brand’s Labor Day sale has incredible savings on their cooling hybrid mattresses. Save up to $300 and get a free accessory bundle with select purchases!
- Sleep Number: Sleep Number’s Labor Day sale is their biggest sale of the year to date. Tons of mattresses and accessories are on deep discount, including the Sleep Number 360 Limited Edition smart bed—it’s 50% off.
- Stearns & Foster: During the brand’s Labor Day sale through September 19, enjoy savings like $600 off the Lux Hybrid and Reserve, $400 off the Lux Estate, and $200 off the Studio and Estate. Through September 4, shoppers get a $300 Visa gift card with any mattress purchase.
- TempurPedic: Shop the Labor Day Sitebuster and save a whopping 40% on the Tempur-Essential mattress and Ease Power base.
- Backcountry: Sale items are an extra 20% off during the Sale on Sale event!
- Bug Bite Thing: This Saturday, September 2 from 7:15 am to 7:15pm EST, Bug Bite Thing will be running an Amazon Lightning Deal. Score $7 off a three-pack or $3 off a single unit.
- Chacos: Save up to 65% during the End of Summer sale through September 4.
- Outer: Get 25% off and more on all outdoor sofa sets. Enjoy up to 30% off wicker, 25% off aluminum, 25% off teak and 15% off all other items (including fire pits, accessories and new products).
- Oru Kayak: Through September 5, save up to 30% on kayaks, plus get a free paddle with any kayak purchase.
- Orvis: Through September 5, save an extra 30% off sale items.
- Reebok: Score up to 50% off with code LABORDAY from August 29-September 4.
- REI: REI’s Labor Day sale and clearance event is offering up to 40% off select outdoor living items through September 4.
- Rumpl: Get 25% off our favorite outdoor blanket and free shipping through September 4.
- Solo Stove: Snag a new backyard bonfire while Solo Stove’s smokeless pits are up to 45% off through September 10. Through September 4, Solo Stove is offering a free Stainless Peel with the purchase of a new Pi Prime.
- Diggs: Use code PUP20 for 20% off the award-winning Revol Dog Crate.
- Wild One: Stock up on your favorite pet products at up to 35% off during Wild One’s Warehouse Sale, happening now through September 5.
The best Labor Day deals
Made from cooling, butter-soft viscose from bamboo, Cozy Earth’s bamboo blanket looks as lovely and luxe as it feels. Whether draped over a set of Cozy Earth cooling sheets or used as a wraparound cocoon during cooler months, the ultra-soft and temperature-regulating material feels oh-so sleek and cozy. Use code RDCOZY for a generous 30% off your order.
The Chill mattress
Available in twin through king sizes, the Chill mattress from Cocoon by Sealy is a total steal at a savings of 35%. Choose from chilly memory foam or foam plus copper coils for an extra supportive sleep. Unlike traditional bed-in-a-box mattresses, edge support makes it easy to slip in and out of bed sans struggle. The cooling cover and breathable materials keep heat moving through the mattress, which means fewer sweaty nights.
CrossWave wet and dry vacuum
Chosen as one of our favorite vacuum mops, the Bissell CrossWave wet and dry vacuum is one of Bissell’s best-selling floor cleaners. Boasting over 23,000 positive reviews on Amazon and a whopping discount of $60, it’s well worth popping it into your cart. Because it works on nearly any floor type, use it to eliminate tough stains on everything from carpets to tile and say goodbye to pet messes for good.
We’re big fans of the BedJet 3 as the solution for sweaty, sleepless nights—just read our review of the bed cooling system for the full scoop. This easy-to-use appliance slides undetected under the bed and delivers a dose of cooling air whenever the temperature in the bed starts to rise. Instead of relying on a button or timer, the BedJet app allows users to set their ideal temperature. The system automatically kicks on to stay in that range all night, making it easier than ever to sleep through the night. For sweltering sleepers, it’s well worth the price at a savings of 30%.
Three-piece luggage set
Instead of splurging on a luggage set that’s three times the price, why not scoop up this highly-rated hardshell luggage set while it’s $170 off? That leaves plenty of travel budget for packing accessories! Apart from TSA locks and solid spinner wheels, this set boasts a selection of six colors, telescoping handles and lightweight materials that are tough enough for airport dashes and tossing onto luggage belts.
The future of robot mops is here! Shark’s AI VacMop connects to WiFi and can be fully controlled through the Shark app. Sonic mapping scans every square inch of the home and powerful suction eliminates crumbs, dirt and other debris from deep within carpets. Because of a clever AI navigation feature, the VacMop avoids obstacles and stops using its mopping function when it hits the carpet. Snag it during Walmart’s Labor Day sale and save 54% before the deal ends.
Supersonic Origin hair dryer
Dyson’s Supersonic Origin hair dryer—available at a savings of $100—doesn’t just dry hair in a matter of minutes. Instead, it uses fast drying and controlled styling to eliminate frizz, increase shine and offer long-lasting styles. A snap-on styling concentrator attachment creates a blade of fast-moving air that’s perfect for pairing with a round or paddle brush for curls or sleek, smooth styles. Four precise heat settings and three speed settings allow for a range of different uses that fit nearly any hair type.
Long lined jacket
Apart from rugged outdoor wear, Columbia is best known for some of the best winter coats. A best-selling favorite, the Sage Lake long-lined jacket comes in sizes ranging from XS-XXL and a selection of five stunning colors. In addition, this cotton-blend jacket boasts a drawcord hood and waist along with ample room beneath for layering. It’s the perfect fall transitional coat—pop it on over a dress or pair of jeans for an instantly cute fall outfit. The best part? This wardrobe essential is 60% off.
Wild One’s signature dog harness—currently discounted $15—isn’t meant to be tossed after a few months of use. On the contrary, it’s so easy to hand wash the soft, stretchy and resilient materials so they stay stain-free for years. Instead of being itchy, the cushioned and lightweight fabric is so cozy, that Fido won’t even know it’s on. Pick one of these pet essentials up in a choice of 16 gorgeous colors before the seasonal shades retire.
Because of TikTok, razors for dermaplaning are one of the most popular beauty products of 2023. Unfortunately, it’s also easy to cause tons of skin issues when done improperly. In order to avoid a bad facial, invest in this easy-to-use dermaplaning tool. It eliminates excess facial hair and reveals radiant, bright skin after removing dull flakes. Score one today during Ulta’s Labor Day sale and save a hefty 50%.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.