100 Marvel Trivia Questions That Even Super Fans May Not Know
Think you really, truly know the MCU? Test your mastery of your favorite flicks with this tricky Marvel trivia quiz!
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
So you say you’re Marvel-obsessed? That you were a fan of the comics before the movies took characters like Drax and Gamora mainstream? Sure, you might think you know everything there is to know about the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), but these are some of the best movies around for a reason. They’re filled with all sorts of subtle details, funny one-liners and Easter eggs that are super easy to miss—on the first watch and even the 20th. How close were you really paying attention to the 31 films that have been released so far? You’re about to find out with this tricky Marvel trivia quiz.
Be warned: Some of our Marvel trivia questions might stump even the most devoted fans of these superhero movies, even those who are masters of movie trivia. And we’re just getting started: Once you’ve mastered the MCU (or need to rewatch a few flicks, as the case may be), test your knowledge of other favorite franchises with our Harry Potter, Star Wars and horror movie trivia. Good luck!
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more trivia, humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Marvel trivia questions
RD.com, Getty Images (2)
1. Question: What was the first Marvel movie ever made?
Answer: Iron Man
2. Question: How many years was Steve Rogers trapped under the ice?
Answer: 66 years
3. Question: Which MCU regular was not in Captain America: Civil War?
Answer: Nick Fury
4. Question: What video game does Thor get addicted to in Avengers: Endgame?
5. Question: What is the name of the call sign Carol Danvers and Maria use in Captain Marvel?
6. Question: Peter Quill’s ship is named after which popular ’80s actress?
Answer: Alyssa Milano
7. Question: Which billionaire makes a cameo in Iron Man 2?
Answer: Elon Musk
8. Question: What does Thaddeus Ross say to Tony after he says, “We are putting a team together,” in The Incredible Hulk?
Answer: “Who’s we?”
Pick from these trivia team names to make trivia nights more fun!
9. Question: What is the name of the protocol that Tony Star enacts in Iron Man 3?
Answer: The Clean Slate Protocol
10. Question: Who is Black Panther’s little sister?
11. Question: What is the name of Thor’s hammer? (Bonus points for spelling it correctly!)
12. Question: What is Black Panther’s suit made of?
13. Question: What do Sif and Volstagg do with the infinity stone at the end of Thor: Dark World?
Answer: Give it to the Collector
14. Question: What is Loki’s real race?
Answer: Frost Giant
15. Question: Which infinity stone do the Guardians have to save in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1?
Answer: The power stone
16. Question: What is Thanos’s home planet?
17. Question: What is the name of the character Hawkeye becomes after Avengers: Infinity War?
18. Question: What object does Goose swallow in Captain Marvel?
Answer: The tesseract
19. Question: What three items does Rocket say he needs in order to escape prison in Guardians of the Galaxy?
Answer: A security band, a battery and a prosthetic leg
RD.com, Getty Images (2)
20. Question: What does the acronym J.A.R.V.I.S. stand for?
Answer: Just A Really Very Intelligent System
21. Question: After Tony says the S-word in Avengers: Age of Ultron, who scolds him for bad language?
22. Question: In Spider-Man: Homecoming, what is Stan Lee’s cameo role?
Answer: He plays a neighbor disturbed by a car alarm.
23. Question: What were the last words said by Thanos in Avengers: Endgame?
Answer: “I am inevitable.”
24. Question: Who says, “The hardest choices require the strongest wills” in Avengers: Infinity War?
25. Question: What is the name of Star Lord’s mother?
Answer: Meredith Quill
How are you doing so far on this Marvel trivia quiz? Beyond the MCU, here’s more pop-culture trivia to test your knowledge.
26. Question: Which actor voices the character of Groot?
Answer: Vin Diesel
27. Question: What does Justin Hammer, former CEO of Hammer Industries, do in Iron Man 2?
Answer: He’s a military contractor.
28. Question: What are the names of Wanda’s kids?
Answer: Billy and Tommy
29. Question: What singer does Dr. Strange compare Wong to when he says he just goes by Wong?
Answer: Adele (also Drake, Bono and Eminem!)
30. Question: Which three Avengers were introduced in Captain America: Civil War?
Answer: Black Panther, Spider-Man and Ant-Man
31. Question: What is the name of the dwarf who made Thanos’s gauntlet?
32. Question: What does Morgan Stark tell Happy Hogan she wants, after father’s funeral?
33. Question: What does Tony tell Loki after Loki brags he has an army and the tesseract in Avengers?
Answer: “We have a Hulk.”
34. Question: What type of doctor is Dr. Strange?
Answer: A neurosurgeon
35. Question: What is Korg made of?
36. Question: What is the suit of armor Iron Man uses to defeat Hulk in Avengers: Age of Ultron?
Answer: Hulk Buster
37. Question: Which Avenger does Loki enslave in The Avengers?
38. Question: What is the name of the man who traps Thor in Thor: Ragnarok?
Answer: The Grand Master
39. Question: What does Dr. Strange say to the Ancient One in Dr. Strange?
Answer: “Teach me.”
RD.com, Getty Images (2)
40. Question: What is the name of the villain in Ant-Man?
41. Question: Where is Captain America originally from?
42. Question: What is the name of the drone piloted by Sam Wilson in Captain America: Civil War?
43. Question: What shape is the herb that gives Black Panther his powers?
44. Question: In Iron Man 2, what does Tony tell Nick Fury he doesn’t want to join?
Answer: His super-secret boy band
45. Question: In Avengers, Age of Ultron, what does Steve Rogers say you should do if you get killed?
Answer: “Walk it off.”
46. Question: Besides Thor, who can lift Thor’s hammer?
Answer: Captain America and Vision
47. Question: What is Tony Stark’s father’s name?
48. Question: Where was Red Skull banished to after he held the tesseract?
49. Question: What is Killmonger’s Wakanda name?
50. Question: Which eye does Nick Fury wear a patch over?
Answer: His left eye
If you love the adrenaline rush you get from watching these films, check out our list of the best action movies of all time.
Marvel gifts for every fan
51. Question: What was the name of Iron Man’s first suit?
Answer: Mark 1
52. Question: How are T’Challa and Killmonger related?
Answer: They’re cousins.
53. Question: What is Valkyrie’s scrapper number in Thor: Ragnarok?
54. Question: Scott hides an Ant-Man suit under a trophy in Ant-Man and the Wasp. What was written on the trophy?
Answer: World’s Best Grandma
55. Question: What university’s name is on the sweatshirt worn by Dr. Strange when Peter visits him at his Sanctum Santorum in Spider-Man: No Way Home?
56. Question: What kind of scientist is Dr. Jane Foster?
Answer: An astrophysicist
57. Question: What is the name of the song Peter Quill dances to in the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy?
Answer: “Come and Get Your Love”
58. Question: What is Happy Hogan’s phone password in Spider-Man: Far from Home?
59. Question: Who did Captain America give his shield to in Avengers: Endgame?
60. Question: Drax thinks he killed the beast at the start of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but who actually did it?
61. Question: What song does Baby Groot dance to at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 1?
Answer: “I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5
Check out these iconic Marvel quotes that all superfans should know.
RD.com, Getty Images (2)
62. Question: What is Carol’s nickname for Monica in Captain Marvel?
Answer: Lieutenant Trouble
63. Question: In Avengers: Infinity War, what is Drax eating when he’s watching Peter and Gamora kiss?
Answer: Zarg nuts
64. Question: What is the name of the agency led by Red Skull?
65. Question: What was the first name of Dr. Erskine, the man who turned Steve Rogers into Captain America?
66. Question: What does Dr. Strange come to do with Dormammu?
Answer: He comes to bargain.
67. Question: What is the name of the alien race who invaded New York in The Avengers?
Answer: The Chitauri
68. Question: Does Groot ever say anything other than “I am Groot?”
69. Question: Who does not like being called “young lady” in Captain Marvel?
Answer: Maria Rambeau
70. Question: What part of Iron Man’s suit keeps him alive?
Answer: The arc reactor
71. Question: What’s the name of the mix-tape Peter Quill’s mother left him as a memento?
Answer: Awesome Mix Vol. 1
72. Question: In a post-credits scene, what do the Avengers eat after the Battle of New York in The Avengers?
73. Question: What animal does Darren Cross unsuccessfully use as test subjects in Ant-Man?
74. Question: Which European city does Black Widow say the Battle of New York reminds her of in The Avengers?
75. Question: What’s the name of the little boy who helps Tony Stark repair his suit in Iron Man 3?
Tony Stark has some epic one-liners in the MCU franchise. See if any of them made our list of the funniest movie quotes.
76. Question: What kind of animal does Thor say he needs after walking into a pet store in Thor?
Answer: A horse
77. Question: Spider-Man and Mysterio battle on which bridge in the finale of Spider-Man: Far from Home?
Answer: Tower Bridge
78. Question: Where does Hank Pym keep an army tank in Ant-Man?
Answer: His keychain
79. Question: How did Captain Marvel get her powers?
Answer: From the light-speed engine
RD.com, Getty Images (2)
80. Question: What name does Natasha use when she first meets Tony Stark in Iron Man 2?
Answer: Natalie Rushman
81. Question: What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for?
Answer: Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division
82. Question: Who is the first person to turn to dust in Avengers: Infinity War?
83. Question: In Thor, what drink does Thor discover he loves?
84. Question: What is Agent Coulson’s first name?
85. Question: What is the name of Odin’s trusted Asgardian horse in Thor?
86. Question: What is Wakanda’s war cry?
87. Question: According to Korg, Thor goes from “dad bod” to what in Thor: Love and Thunder?
Answer: “From dad bod to God bod”
88. Question: What is the name of the artificial intelligence in Spider-Man’s suit?
89. Question: Which elective class does Thor say he took on Asgard?
Answer: How to Speak Groot
90. Question: In Captain America: Civil War, where in Africa does Captain America fight Crossbones?
91. Question: What does Peter Quinn call Rocket after Rocket gets angry for being called a raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy?
Answer: Trash panda
92. Question: What is the name of Dr. Strange’s amulet?
Answer: The Eye of Agamotto
93. Question: In Black Panther, where does Kalue put the vibranium axe for safe keeping?
Answer: A paper bag
94. Question: How many legs does Odin’s horse have?
95. Question: Who is Loki’s real father?
96. Question: What kind of scientist is Bruce Banner?
Answer: A physicist
97. Question: Who are Tony Stark’s four AI assistants?
Answer: Karen, E.D.I.T.H., J.A.R.V.I.S. and F.R.I.D.A.Y.
98. Question: Which Spongebob character does Tony call Ebony Maw in Avengers: Infinity War?
99. Question: Who was the main foe in Thor: Dark World?
100. Question: Who cries, “I’m Mary Poppins, y’all!” in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2?
Next, check out our favorite Stan Lee quotes. After all, he’s the guy responsible for all our favorite Marvel trivia and so much more!