80 Best Merry Christmas Wishes to Write Around the Holidays
These Merry Christmas wishes make deciding what to write in a Christmas card a whole lot easier.
There’s nothing you love more at Christmas than getting festive holiday mail. But drafting your own Christmas cards? Let’s just say it’s not one of your favorite Christmas activities. Composing the perfect message can be hard, even when we’re writing to the people we love the most. Just remember, you don’t have to write a novel! Whoever receives your holiday greeting will be so excited you thought of them that simple Merry Christmas wishes will make them smile.
When figuring out the perfect Christmas card message, think about the person you’re writing to and try to personalize it so they know they’re getting something straight from you—not the same message as others on a long mass mailing list. Would they appreciate some holiday-themed humor, or something a bit more heartfelt? Pick out one of these printable Christmas cards, decide which Christmas card message from the list below best fits, and you’re good to go! Once you’ve written out all of the Merry Christmas wishes in your cards, it’s time to try out some fun new Christmas traditions.
Heartfelt Christmas card messages
- Feeling incredibly blessed to have you in my life this holiday season. Wishing all the best for you and yours.
- So lucky to be spending another Christmas with you.
- Holidays like Christmas remind me what I’m grateful for: you.
- The holidays are extra magical this year because I get to spend them with you.
- I know this past year has been tough, but I hope this holiday season brings you joy and happiness. I’m wishing you all the best in the New Year. You deserve it!
- Having you in my life is the best Christmas present I could ever ask for.
- You light up my life like a Christmas tree. So lucky to have you in my life!
- Just writing to put a smile on your face this Christmas season.
- May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter.
- Wishing you a season that’s merry and bright!
Funny Christmas card messages
- Because I definitely won’t be organized enough to send any cards in the new year: Happy holidays. There. That should cover everything from now until Easter.
- The true gift of Christmas is the time we spend together. That’s why I didn’t get you anything else.
- I ho-ho-hope you have a great Christmas!
- Here’s hoping you survive the holiday season with your sanity and bank account intact. Merry Christmas.
- Since I’m pretty sure you’re not getting anything from Santa this year, I thought I’d send you this card so you’d have something to open.
- Just to show I care, I went to a real post office and bought real stamps to send you something old-fashioned: real mail.
- Marjorie Holmes once said, “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” I wonder how much Mom paid her to say that.
- Eat, drink, and be merry―in moderation. Happy holidays!
- You may not be on Santa’s Nice list, but you’re sure on mine!
- At this time of year, we so often are reminded of what’s truly important: mom’s cooking.
- Here’s hoping Yule have the best Christmas ever this year!
- Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your bills be small.
Merry Christmas messages for spouses
- I’m so glad you’re my Christ-Mrs.!
- This Christmas, meet me under the mistletoe!
- My love for you shines brighter than all the tacky decorations in the neighborhood.
- You make every day as magical as Christmas.
- You’re my favorite person to celebrate Christmas with.
- Your smile lights up the room more than any Christmas tree!
- “I’ve got my love to keep me warm!” —Song by Irving Berlin (Add “Hey, that’s you!” to make this Christmas wish extra cheeky.)
- “Christmas is the time to say ‘I love you!'” —Song by Billy Squier
- “You make it feel like Christmas!” —Song by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton
- “Knowing you’re in love with me is the greatest gift of all.” —Song by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
- This Christmas, you’re the best gift I could ask for.
- It’s people like you who make Christmas so special and meaningful. Thank you!
Here are more of the best Christmas songs of all time.
Christmas card messages for friends
- I cherish our friendship more than any gift.
- The holidays are always holly-jolly when we’re together.
- Christmas is extra merry because I have you as a friend.
- It’s Christmas—let the merriment begin!
- Having a friend like you is a Christmas wish come true.
- I couldn’t ask Santa himself for a better friend.
- Christmas is a time for family—so glad you’re part of my chosen brood.
- Thanks for being the best Christmas party date I could ask for.
- May your holidays be filled with as much joy and laughter as you’ve given me.
- Christmas memories are the best kind. Let’s make some to last a lifetime!
Putting Christmas cards together can be a great Christmas craft for kids!
What to write in a Christmas card for your coworkers
- Enjoy some well-deserved time off. Looking forward to working with you more in the New Year!
- Thank you for all you’ve done this year. Enjoy the holiday season!
- Wishing all the best to you and your family this holiday season. See you in the New Year.
- Thanks for the great year! Hoping you have a wonderful holiday season.
- See you at the Christmas party for HR-approved merriness!
- Thank you for all your hard work this year.
- You’ve done such a great job this year. Enjoy your holiday!
- Have a great break. Try not to miss me too much!
These are the best Christmas games for the whole crew to play.
Christmas Card quotes
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” ―Norman Vincent Peale
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” —Bob Hope
- “We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” ―Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” ―Winston Churchill
- “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” ―David Cameron
- “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” ―Harlan Miller
- “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” ―Janice Maeditere
- “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” —Garrison Keillor
Check out more great Christmas quotes that you can share in your cards.
Inspirational Merry Christmas wishes
- This Christmas, count blessings instead of presents.
- It’s not what’s under the tree that counts—it’s who’s around it.
- May you always remain filled with the Christmas spirit.
- This Christmas, be on the lookout for the miracles all around you.
- Having loved ones close by is the greatest Christmas gift of all.
- Take time this Christmas to slow down and enjoy the little things.
- May your home be filled with warmth, love, and joy this Christmas and always.
- Spending money on someone is nice, but it’s the time you spend with them that remains in their hearts long after Christmas.
While Christmas Eve might be a tad late to send out your Christmas cards, you’ll love these other Christmas Eve traditions.
General Christmas card messages
- Merry Christmas! Wishing you health and happiness this holiday season and a wonderful New Year.
- May you never lose that kid-on-Christmas-morning feeling.
- Wishing you less stress and a little more holiday magic this Christmas season.
- May your holidays be filled with warmth and laughter.
- Here’s hoping Santa is good to you this year!
- From our family to yours, wishing you a truly Merry Christmas.
- Happy holidays! Wishing you joy and laughter this Christmas and all through the New Year.
- Hoping all your Christmas wishes come true.
- It’s people like you who make this season so magical. Happy holidays!
- May you have joy, laughter, and the makings of wonderful memories this holiday season.
- I hope this Christmas is your best one yet!
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!