Spoil Fido with Wag-Worthy Deals on National Puppy Day
If you're not shopping these discounts, you're barking up the wrong tree.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
RD.COM, VIA MERCHANT (3)
Alright, I’ll say it: dogs are better than people. They’re sweet, sensitive to our needs and spend a better part of their life simply looking plain cute. Sure, we show our dogs affection on the daily, but why not pick up a few aesthetic dog toys or upgrade to the best dog food by shopping National Puppy Day deals ahead of the holiday?
What is National Puppy Day?
Originally created to raise awareness about puppy mills and promote shelter adoptions, National Puppy Day has morphed into a full-on holiday celebrating our furry friends. This year, National Puppy Day takes place on March 23, 2023.
What do you do for National Puppy Day?
Most people celebrate National Puppy Day by spoiling their fur babies with the best dog toys and splurging on dog-related items, like the Thundershirt or a dog DNA test. However, there are an entire host of ways to celebrate, including adopting a new furry family member or picking up a surprise gift for dog lovers.
The best National Puppy Day deals
- A Better Treat: Save on select pet treats for sensitive tummies by shopping in the sale section.
- Alpha Paw: Shop the retailer’s selection of vet-approved treats, toys and food—sale prices start at just 99 cents!
- Amazon: The online retailer has a secret section of sales dedicated to our favorite furry friends. Browse and enjoy savings of up to 80% on select items.
- Chewy: It’s always worth checking out the deals section at Chewy. From serious savings on pet beds to your pup’s favorite treats, their selection of pup-related deals is unbeatable.
- EzyDog: Enjoy 50% off the comfortable and safe Checkmate Collar.
- Fable: Shop aesthetic dog care and save 20% with code SPRING20.
- Impact Dog Crates: Get a black crate for 25% off when you apply code 25OFFBLACK at checkout.
- Kurgo: Jet set with your bff when you pick up pet-safe travel supplies on sale in the Kurgo Outlet.
- Open Farm Pet: For a limited time, the retailer is offering 20% off your first purchase of raw mix food with code TRYRAWMIX.
- PetPlate: Save 61% off your first box of dog food, no code required.
- PupBox: Get your pooch’s first box of treats and toys for only $5 with code PUPDAY23.
- Spot & Tango: We love Spot & Tango’s dog food—and it regularly sells out because it’s so popular! Snag your pooch’s first meal for 20% off when you order today.
- Wayfair: The online retailer is having a huge sale on dog beds. Pop over to save up to 50% on select items.
- Wild One: Pick up aesthetic dog care items at a deep discount when you browse through Wild One’s sale section. For a limited time, use code SPRING10 at checkout and save $10 on orders of $100 or more.
- Zesty Paws: Enjoy 20% off the dog nutrition brand when you use code PuppyDay20 at checkout.
Our top picks
Sheri original calming donut dog bed
We love finding Reader’s Digest’s favorite dog items on sale during National Puppy Day deals. If you’ve dropped some serious dollars on dog beds that just don’t cut it, you need to pick up the Best Friends by Sheri original calming donut dog bed while the small size is available at a savings of 31%.
Over 66,000 reviewers gave it three Petcube Cam paws up, so our Editor put it to the test—read her review for all the details. Dogs love the raised rim that gives them a place to stash treats and support their heads while snoozing. As a bonus, the small-sized bed is entirely machine washable for fast cleanup.
Ask any pet owner what products they can’t live without, and I guarantee at least one person will mention the Petcube cam. Unlike other security cameras, the Petcube has pets in mind. Ease your fears by seeing your pet anytime, anywhere with 1080p HD video, a 110-degree wide-angle lens and a built-in 30-foot night vision camera.
Push notifications instantly notify you of unusual behavior, and two-way audio allows you to speak to your furry friends while away. Snag one before you leave for your next getaway and save $15.
Wisdom panel dog DNA test
Have you ever looked at your pooch and wondered where they inherited their love of water or propensity to bark at birds? Pick up a Wisdom Panel dog DNA test to find out while they’re on sale for $50 off. Each test screens for over 350 breeds, 200 genetic health conditions and 35 traits to find out exactly what makes your puppy unique.
Scoop up this highly-rated Amazon pet product while these National Puppy Day deals are live and learn all about your pup’s ancestry for less.
You’d be hard-pressed to find a dog that doesn’t love Pup-peroni. These soft, chewy dog treats mimic the flavor and look of beef jerky sticks and arrive in a resealable package for peak freshness. Since they’re not hard to eat, they’re suitable for small or elderly dogs.
Stock up on this Chewy product with perfect reviews while it’s available at a hefty savings of 35%.
Poop bag carrier
We’ve written about Wild Ones’ dog poop bags in our list of sustainable brands. The company’s poop bags are made from cornstarch instead of plastic, so they’re eco-friendly and inexpensive at only $9 for a pack of 60. Stash them in style when you score their poop bag carrier in select colors at a discount of 20%.
Attach it to your pet’s leash with the included elastic strap and enjoy adventures together in style.
Hedgehog squeak toy
If you’ve searched on Amazon for the best dog puzzle toys, you’ve probably run into Outward Hound. The brand has tons of pooch-approved toys on deep discount, including this hedgehog squeak toy for 50% off. A reduced number of seams allows for a longer lifespan, and the XL size includes a grunter squeaker and rattler for extra excitement at playtime.
Plus, this hedgehog looks plain cute in the toy crate.
There’s no need to compromise style for comfort with this Wild One dog harness, available at a savings of $10 in select colors. Complement aesthetic dog toys with a modern harness that has four attachment points to suit different walk styles. Thanks to adjustable straps at the neck, chest and back, it’s easy to resize and slip off when the walk is over.
Soft, stretchy and resilient materials provide the perfect amount of cushioning for a pain-free trot.
Fable is a popular pet care brand that offers some of the best dog carriers and accessories online. Right now, shop Fable’s site and save 20% with code SPRING20. The code works on sale items, like the Fable dog carrier that’s already marked down a staggering $75.
We love that this stylish leather carrier comes with an easy-to-clean cushioned nylon interior with a zippered pouch for your pooch’s supplies. It even has a short tether on the inside that keeps Fido safe and secure.
Nourish your dog’s skin and coat with this sulfate-free conditioning shampoo, available at a rare savings of 20%. Made with zero artificial colors, fragrances or chemical detergents, this itch-free shampoo easily eliminates dirt and dander without stripping your dog’s natural skin oils.
Pair with your favorite grooming supplies for a clean, happy pup that smells like invigorating eucalyptus and peppermint.
Easy-clean dog collar
If you’re familiar with the Mud Buster, your dog probably goes through dozens of dirty collars throughout the year. Enter the Wild One dog collar. This easy-to-clean collar is constructed from durable, smooth materials that resist dirt, tearing and soaking up moisture and odors.
For a limited time, enjoy an $8 discount on select colors. Never brush out mats caused by cloth collars again—add one to your cart and save your pup from their itchy, stinky old collar.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.