8 Best Online Flower Delivery Services for Birthdays, Anniversaries and All Occasions
A bouquet of fresh-cut flowers is a thoughtful way to brighten anyone's day. And online flower delivery services make it easier than ever to send flowers to the special people in your life.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
RD.COM, GETTY IMAGES (2)
Whether you’re looking to congratulate, console or just say, “I’m thinking of you,” it’s hard to go wrong with a bouquet of fresh flowers. Consistently proving to be perfect for any occasion and every person in your life, flowers, flowering plants and flower-related gifts never disappoint. With online flower delivery services available throughout the country, there are literally thousands of choices for special-occasion bouquets and gifts. So don’t just wait for Valentine’s Day to send flowers! Surprise that special someone for Mother’s Day (or Father’s Day!), graduation, a big promotion or a thoughtful gift for her—just because. We guarantee fresh flowers will put a smile on the recipient’s face.
Best Online Flower Delivery Services
Best overall online flower delivery
Things have come a long way since 1910, when FTD telegraphed floral orders from city to city—that “T” once stood for “telegraph,” now it’s “transworld.” Depending on the product ordered, FTD guarantees same-day online flower delivery to most areas of the country. Bouquets and plants start at around $40 with options galore. Choose your occasion, color scheme, price point or type of flower, or shop for combinations grouped by color and season, like the cheerful Sunlit Meadows Bouquet (above). For reliability, consistent quality and fast delivery, they’re a sure bet as a gift for your wife any day of the year.
- Options as low as $40
- Same-day delivery to most areas of the country
- International delivery available
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Depending on flower availability, there may be substitutions in the bouquet
- Not a ton of customization options
Best budget online flower delivery
Of course, Amazon does online flower delivery, too! Through its various online partners, Amazon offers nearly 200 different bouquet options starting as low as $20 for two dozen roses (offered through Amazon-owned Whole Foods Market). Delivery on this bouquet is free for Amazon Prime subscribers with orders of $35+, and promised within two hours of the time you place your order (available in select locations only). Flowers aren’t the only thing you’ll want to be buying from Amazon.
- Offers a wide range of vendors
- Offers two-hour delivery
- Plants, wreaths and more available
- No guarantee the flowers you receive will match the product image
- No local support
Most versatile online flower delivery
Not sure you want to send fresh flowers? With UrbanStems, you can also choose between dried flowers, plants and subscription boxes, making it the true one-stop shop for all your floral needs. And if that wasn’t enough, its gift selection includes extras, both delightful and functional, including olive oil, self-watering pots, candles, essential oil diffusers and hot sauce. Talk about a convenient way to create a Mother’s day gift basket.
- Offers unique, on-trend designs
- Has optional add-on gifts
- No hidden fees or service charges
- Partners with Rainforest Alliance Certified farms for responsibly sourced flowers
- No international delivery
- Doesn’t partner with local florists
Most eco-friendly online flower delivery
It’s no secret that with pesticides, water consumption and transport costs, the mainstream flower industry is bad for the environment. Enter The Bouqs, which partners with eco-friendly flower farms that use recycled water and practice sustainable growing methods. Give the gift of seasonal, farm-fresh flowers without passing on the guilt—a thoughtful eco-friendly gift idea for an eco-conscious friend who still loves their flowers!
- Source flowers directly from eco-friendly farms
- Uses eco-friendly packaging for nationwide delivery
- Offers a flexible subscription service
- Wide variety of flowers and arrangements
- No international delivery available
Best online flower delivery for the DIYer
There’s a tremendous satisfaction that comes from nurturing and growing plants. And Bloomscape allows you to share that joy with its customizable Bloomkits. Kits come with “baby” flowering plants, one or more eco-friendly recycled pots and potting soil, plus care instructions. It’s a sweet DIY gift that keeps on giving, and one that lasts a lot longer than a bouquet, making it one of the best flowers and plants to send on Mother’s Day.
- Kits come with needed items
- Offers a diverse selection of flowers and plants
- Uses 100% recyclable packaging material
- Has a 30-day guarantee on all plants
- No international delivery available
Best online flower delivery for long-lasting bouquet
Venus et fleur
Even the most beautiful fresh flowers wilt eventually—unless they’re part of a bouquet from Venus et Fleur. The company ships just-bloomed Ecuadorian roses to its New York facility, bleaches the flowers and dyes them in one of many colors. Then they treat the flowers with a nontoxic, non-allergenic wax that preserves them for more than one year. The Eternity roses have to remain in their luxury gift box in order to guarantee longevity. Before you select from the 24 color options, you’ll want to learn about rose color meanings and what they symbolize. A single boxed rose is $44. Or, for $1,999, you can impress with an arrangement of 250 “eternal” roses.
- Roses preserved to last a year or more
- Offers lots of customization options
- Roses sprayed with essential oils for a light scent
- Offers international shipping
- No same-day delivery offered
Best online flower delivery for plant lovers
Spruce up their desk (or corner of the kitchen table) with an easy-to-care-for plant that will bring some energy-boosting green into their work-life orbit. Whether congratulating the recipient on a promotion or saying thanks for a job well done, an air-purifying white stripe dragon tree with dramatic and beautiful shiny dark and white stripe leaves, for example, makes a beautiful gift. But that’s just the start of what Lively Root offers for the plant lover in your life.
- Offers a plant-focused collection
- One tree planted with every purchase
- Has eco-friendly packaging
- Live chat support available
- Only ships within the U.S., excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. territories
Best online flower delivery for a subscription
If you want an online flower delivery that makes a lasting impression, consider gifting a floral subscription from BloomsyBox. They’ll deliver weekly or monthly bouquets sourced from eco-friendly, fair-trade farms. Delivered in paper (not plastic!) these flowers help reduce both cost and waste. We love this monthly bouquet inspired by the New York Botanical Garden (above). Plus, a percentage of each order supports research in plant science and conservation. This proves to be a wonderful gift for mom, gift for grandma or anyone who you think will really love the idea of regular bouquets.
- Weekly and monthly delivery options available
- Sources directly from sustainable farms
- Offers a diverse range of flowers
- Uses eco-friendly packaging
- Limited customizations
- No same-day delivery
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.