11 Best Refrigerator Organizers That Help Eliminate Clutter and Maximize Space
A tidy fridge can help you eat healthier, save money, waste less and even improve your mental health. These refrigerator organizers get the job done.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Clutter-busting fridge organizers
Having a clean and well-ordered space feels amazing, but kitchen organization can quickly become overwhelming. Tidying up your fridge—using refrigerator organizers and freezer-safe food storage containers—is a great place to start because it’s a small, contained space. It’s worth the time, says Nettie Owens, a certified professional organizer and productivity expert.
Unlike machines, we’re not always “on.” To be efficient and productive, we have to decide whether a task is the best use of our time and energy. And rooting through the fridge for a long-lost bottle of fish sauce or the leftovers we swore we’d kept doesn’t make the cut, she says.
Having a tidy fridge encourages healthy cooking and eating by making it easy to store healthful foods front and center. It saves money by reducing food waste—after all, if you can easily find items, you’re more likely to use them before they go bad. And both fridge organization and organizing the freezer lower anxiety by reducing mental and physical clutter, Owens says. Besides, an organized fridge just looks nicer.
An easy way to get organized is to invest in some quality refrigerator organizers. From eggs to produce to deli meats, they store foods and keep them exactly where you need them. Keep reading to discover the refrigerator organizers you need in your life right now.
What to consider when buying refrigerator organizers
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of fridge organizers. How can you choose? Owens recommends paying attention to five major features when shopping for a kitchen organization tool.
- Durability: Buying something built to last a long time will save you money (and headaches) in the long run. Ideally, a given organizer will work in the fridge or freezer and can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Sustainability: Single-use plastics are one of the biggest environmental pollutants, and fridge and freezer organizers can reduce your use of baggies and disposable plastic containers. Instead, look for refrigerator organizers you can use again and again. Bonus points for those made from sustainable materials.
- Fit: Measure your refrigerator shelves and drawers so you know what will (and won’t) fit. Taking this step can help you buy exactly what you need.
- Design: The science of organization has come a long way, and many tools are designed with new features to make your life easier.
- Multiple functions: Many fridge and freezer organizer bins are nothing but gimmicks with a single function. Good storage tools can be used in a variety of ways. Plenty of fridge organization bins double as freezer organizers.
How we picked the best refrigerator organizers
To help you find your fridge zen, we’re rounding up the refrigerator organizers everyone needs in their kitchen. We asked the experts to explain the science of cold food storage and how best to store food. We then researched the top brands and scoured thousands of reviews to see what real users had to say. We even tried a number of these products out ourselves to help you make an educated decision about the best refrigerator and freezer organizer bins for you.
Here are our picks for the best refrigerator organizers out there:
- Best organizing bins: Utopia Home Refrigerator Organizer Bins
- Best produce keeper: OXO Good Grips GreenSaver
- Best egg storage container: The Home Edit by iDesign Egg Bin
- Best lazy Susan: Copco Basics Turntable
- Best food storage tray: iDesign Wide Fridge Bin Tray
- Best onion storage: Hutzler Onion Saver
- Best can organizer: Sorbus Soda Can Organizer
- Best sandwich saver: OXO Prep & Go Sandwich Container
- Best berry keeper: Shopwithgreen Berry Keeper Box
- Best butter storage: OXO Good Grips Butter Dish
- Best freezer baskets: Sanno Farmhouse Freezer Baskets
Best organizing bins
Utopia Home Refrigerator Organizer Bins
With more than 21,000 five-star reviews from well-organized users, this set of eight clear plastic organizing bins is the perfect storage solution for practically anything you could fit in your fridge. They come in several sizes and shapes to fit seamlessly into any refrigerator brand or style and can be stacked and rearranged in endless combinations. And at just $20, they fit any budget.
- They have thousands of five-star reviews on Amazon.
- Each bin has rubber feet to make them stackable and prevent sliding.
- Handles make carrying and cleaning a breeze.
They’re not dishwasher safe.
Get Reader’s Digest‘s Read Up newsletter for more food, humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Best produce keeper
OXO Good Grips GreenSaver
Ever bought lettuce for a salad only to discover a bag full of slime when you remembered it a week later? Fruit and vegetable storage is a science! This produce keeper uses a clever carbon filter to trap and absorbs ethylene gas, slowing down produce spoilage. It also has an elevated colander inside that allows air to circulate around your produce to keep it from rotting. An adjustable vent on top maintains optimum humidity levels for different kinds of produce, keeping them crisp and fresh.
- It’s specifically constructed for produce storage.
- The carbon filter lasts three months before it needs to be replaced.
- The colander conveniently allows for the quick washing of lettuce and other greens.
It’s big enough to fit only a few servings of fruit or vegetables.
Best egg storage container
The Home Edit by iDesign Egg Bin
Experts say you should never store eggs in your refrigerator door—where most of us usually put them!—because it’s a health and safety hazard. To keep them clean and at an even temperature, put them in their own well-ventilated storage container. This egg storage bin checks all these boxes and gets rave reviews from users. Eggs rest in individual hollows; when you need one, simply pluck it out of the bin.
- It was designed with egg storage in mind.
- Drawers are stackable for people who need to store several dozen eggs.
- The clear design lets you easily see how many eggs you have left, so you know when you need to buy more.
- Strangely, each bin holds 15 eggs—not the 12 or 18 that eggs are packaged in at the store.
- They’re not dishwasher safe.
Best lazy Susan
Copco Basics Turntable
Tired of playing hide-and-seek with bottles of pickles and salad dressing? This lazy Susan spins, keeping everything within reach so you no longer have to go digging to find what you need. The nonskid ring on the bottom, rubber surface on top and raised edges keep everything in place and prevent breaks and spills. (If you do knock something over, be sure to follow these tips for cleaning your refrigerator like a pro.) Plus, it works just as well in a pantry or bathroom cabinet as it does in the refrigerator, should you ever decide you don’t need it for cold foods anymore.
- The revolving design maximizes storage space.
- It comes in 16 colors to match every kitchen.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
It’s not dishwasher safe.
Best food storage tray
iDesign Wide Fridge Bin Tray
Keep all your sliced cheeses, meats and other deli items neatly stacked and prepped for quick sandwich-making with this simple clear tray. Its low profile makes it easy to slide into another drawer, keeping smaller loose items, like cloves of garlic and packets of fresh herbs, from getting lost. Users rave about how durable they are, lasting five years or longer.
- The tray design slides into other drawers for smaller-scale organization.
- It’s made of recycled plastic, reducing waste in your fridge and on the planet.
- Rubber feet keep it in place.
There’s no lid, so foods will need to be packaged in airtight bags first.
Best onion storage
Hutzler Onion Saver
Do you really need a separate product just to store an onion? It depends how tolerant you are of the onion scent seeping into your other food. And as anyone who has ever tried to store a half-sliced onion in the produce bin will attest, onions can get slimy quickly. This onion storage container will keep the remaining onion fresh for up to two weeks while containing the telltale smell. It’s not just onions you need to think about, though. Be sure you know how long cooked chicken can last in the fridge too.
- The container helps cut onions last longer.
- The adorable design looks just like a real onion.
- The pop top is easy to open, no twisting required.
- Some users have a difficult time getting the lid on and off.
Best can organizer
Sorbus Soda Can Organizer
Whether you’re the type to enjoy a cold can of sparkling water with lunch, grab a beer on the weekends or need a caffeinated soda fix to get through the afternoon, Sorbus’s plastic can organizer will keep your canned beverages tidy and at your fingertips. Bonus: You won’t have to worry about them rolling around the fridge or dropping onto your foot when you open the door. You can also get creative and use these fridge organizers to stash certain canned goods in the pantry.
- Each bin holds 12 cans.
- They’re stackable, improving your fridge organization.
- The bins are sold in packs of two, so you can hold 24 cans in your fridge at one time.
The lid doesn’t snap on, so it may fall off or crack.
Best sandwich saver
OXO Prep & Go Sandwich Container
Nothing is worse than crafting the perfect sandwich for lunch only to find it squished and mushy come mealtime. This simple and durable sandwich container is the perfect size for all types of sandwiches, and the rubber seal makes sure your lunch stays fresh, not soggy. Two locking clips ensure the container stays closed even if dropped—perfect for young kids learning to pack their own lunches. Another good organization option? Glass storage containers, which you can stash in the fridge or freezer.
- It replaces wasteful single-use plastic sandwich bags.
- The high-quality plastic is durable and looks like ceramic.
- It’s dishwasher and microwave safe.
- It’s made for stacking, so you can organize the whole family’s lunches.
It isn’t clear, so you can’t see what’s inside.
Best berry keeper
Shopwithgreen Berry Keeper Box
Without proper storage, fresh berries will go bad within a day or two—which is a huge bummer considering how expensive they are. Keep your berries fresh and sweet for up to two weeks with this clever berry-saver box. It comes with a removable colander that does double duty, allowing for airflow to prevent spoilage while also making it easy to wash and drain before serving. It’s also great for storing other types of perishable produce, like grapes, cut melon, tomatoes and bean sprouts.
- It helps berries last longer.
- It comes in four sizes and five colors for storing every type of berry.
- This plastic container is dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe.
The locking mechanism can be a little tricky, particularly for people who have trouble using their hands.
Best butter storage
OXO Good Grips Butter Dish
Do you really need to refrigerate butter? According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, you don’t have to if you don’t want to—it’s the only dairy product the agency deems safe to keep if your power goes out for a long period of time. Still, many people prefer to store it in the fridge as a way to keep it handy, out of sight and mess free. This dish from OXO keeps butter contained and clean, both in and out of the refrigerator. It’s even safe to put in the freezer. It’s large enough to hold short and long sticks of butter yet small enough to slide into any corner or a shelf in the door.
- A textured surface keeps the butter from slipping while you cut it.
- The container comes with tablespoon markings for easy measuring.
- The clear lid is easy to remove but doesn’t slide around.
- It really only serves one purpose.
- Wide slabs of butter, such as those from Kerrygold, won’t fit.
Best freezer baskets
Sanno Farmhouse Freezer Baskets
For some reason, it’s so much easier to lose food in the frosty abyss of the freezer. But considering the veritable bounty of foods you can freeze, it’s your best option for long-term food storage. Making use of it will help you save money and time, so it’s smart to invest in an organizer for your freezer. These wire freezer baskets hold up under the coldest temps and can be nested together or used alone. Place them in the freezer to corral frozen veggies, individual burritos, frozen herbs, popsicles or other smaller items that fall through the cracks of traditional freezer shelves. They work well in appliances of all sorts, from upright designs to chest freezers.
- The baskets are freezer safe.
- They’re the perfect size to store cans of frozen juice so they don’t roll out.
- They come in six colors, including a trendy rose gold.
They only come in packs of two.
- Nettie Owens, certified professional organizer and productivity expert