100 Short Jokes for Kids That Are Easy to Remember
They're short and sweet—just like your kids! These funny jokes for the pint-sized set are guaranteed to get lots of laughs.
Get ready for some serious giggles
There’s nothing better than the sounds of kids giggling and having fun when they are telling each other short jokes and kid-friendly riddles. However, sometimes memorizing new jokes or coming up with original ones can be hard, even if you’re naturally funny. That’s why we rounded up 100 of the best short jokes for kids. They’re hilarious and super easy to remember, so pint-sized comedians will have no problem telling them to their family and friends. Some of these jokes are witty and others are a little cheesy, but one thing’s for sure: All of them are totally LOL-worthy, and they’ll make you smile just as much as your children. Keep the laughs for the littles going with these funny knock-knock jokes for kids.
1. Why did the teddy bear skip out on dessert when she was on a date?
She was stuffed! Here are more bear puns that’ll make you growl with laughter.
2. What is a little bear with no teeth is called?
A gummy bear.
3. What do you call a noodle that is fake?
An im-pasta. Foodies of all ages will also love these pasta puns that’ll spice up your daily rotini.
4. What’s an alligator in a vest called?
5. What’s the best way to throw a birthday party on Mars?
6. Why did the chocolate chip cookie go to see the doctor?
He felt crummy. Poor little guy—maybe we could cheer him up with these cookie puns that are batter than you think.
7. Why did the toddler toss the butter out the window?
So she could see a butter-fly. For more foodie fun, check out these hilarious food jokes for kids.
8. What is cheese that doesn’t belong to you called?
9. What’s one way we know the ocean is friendly?
10. Why is Cinderella so bad at playing football?
She runs away from the ball.
11. What’s a really sad strawberry called?
A blueberry. Make mealtime a lot more interesting with this short joke for kids—or one of these fruit puns that are berry, berry funny.
12. What’s one animal you’ll always find at a baseball game?
13. What’s a pirate’s favorite class to take in school?
14. What candy do bumblebees love the most?
Bumble gum. Here are more bee puns worth buzzing about.
15. Why does Peter Pan fly around so much?
16. What did the math book say to the guidance counselor?
I have so many problems. Get your kids to love this school subject with these funny math jokes.
17. What kind of shoes does a banana peel love wearing?
18. What did the big rose say to the little rose?
19. What did the Dalmatian say after she had a huge meal?
That hit the spot.
20. What’s a pencil’s favorite place to visit?
21. Where do polar bears store their money?
In a snow bank.
22. Why do all witches wear black?
So you can’t tell which witch is which.
23. Where should you go if you want to learn how to make ice cream?
Sundae school. Here are more of the best ice cream puns in one fell scoop.
24. Why was the teenage broom late for homeroom?
25. Why is Superman’s outfit always so tight on him?
It’s a size S.
26. What do you call two birds who are in love with each other?
27. Why do so many fish live in salt water?
Because pepper water would make them sneeze. Don’t miss these other fish puns that will split your gills.
28. If a clock strikes 13, what time is it?
Time to get a new clock.
29. When a lemon is sick, what do you do?
Give it lemon-aid.
30. What do you do to fix a broken jack-o-lantern?
You use a pumpkin patch. Bookmark these corny Halloween jokes now so you’re prepared with loads of short jokes for kids when pumpkin season rolls around.
31. What type of shoes do frogs have too many pairs of?
32. How do billboards talk to each other?
With sign language.
33. What’s the strongest type of sea creature?
34. Why are sport stadiums always so cool?
They are filled with fans.
35. What’s a kitty cat’s favorite color?
Purrr-ple. Why stop at cat jokes? These funny cat photos will make everyone’s day better.
36. What kind of photos will you find on a turtle’s phone?
37. What’s a computer’s favorite thing to snack on at night?
38. What candy is always running late to things?
Choco-late. Do you prefer gummy worms and lollipops to chocolate? We’ve got you covered—these candy puns are a real Life Saver.
39. What kind of tree fits in your hand?
A palm tree.
40. What do you have to add to soup to make it gold soup?
Fourteen carrots. Did that elicit a chuckle? If so, you’ll love these vegetable puns that are un-beet-able.
41. What do lawyers wear when they go to court?
42. What was one of the first things the elf learned in class?
The elf-abet. Remember this one for the holidays, along with these 25 other cute Christmas jokes for kids.
43. What is a pizza’s favorite type of jokes?
44. What’s a boy bee’s go-to haircut?
45. What’s the most expensive fish called?
46. What’s a sleeping dinosaur called?
A dino-snore. Tee-hee! Here are another 40 dinosaur jokes for every laugh-o-saurus.
47. What kind of jobs do funny chickens have?
They are comedi-hens! Speaking of fowl humor, check out these chicken puns that are eggs-traordinarily funny.
48. What letters are not found in the alphabet?
The ones that are not in the mail.
49. What did Venus say while flirting with Saturn?
“Give me a ring sometime.” For the grown-ups in the crowd: These cheesy pickup lines are guaranteed to get a laugh.
50. Where do hamburgers go if they want to go dancing?
51. Where do cows go to hang out when they are bored?
The moooooovies. Sorry, we couldn’t help ourselves. Here are another 50 cow jokes that will make you spit up your milk.
52. What is the most famous type of animal in the sea?
53. What’s one way the moon cuts his hair?
Eclipse it. For more out-of-this-world humor, check out these space puns.
54. What kind of fruit do twins love the most?
55. When a bird needs to invest her money, what does she do with it?
Puts it in the stork-market.
56. What class do birds always ace?
57. Why did the melon jump into the lake?
It wanted to be a watermelon.
58. What starts with gas and has three letters?
59. Why don’t lamps ever sink when they’re in water?
They are too light.
60. Why did the puppy get great grades in class?
He was the teacher’s pet.
61. Why did the professor wear his sunglasses to class?
Because his students were so bright.
62. What’s a geologist’s favorite place to bring a date?
A rock concert. That’s one rock pun you won’t want to take for granite—and we’ve got 35 more if you’re interested.
63. Why did Mickey Mouse decide to become an astronaut?
He wanted to visit Pluto.
64. Why should golfers always bring an extra pair of pants with them?
In case they get a hole in one.
65. What kind of vehicle has four wheels and flies?
A garbage truck.
66. What type of music do balloons hate listening to?
67. Why aren’t unicorns great dance partners?
They have two left feet.
68. What is a tree’s least favorite month of the year?
69. Which superhero is a pro at hitting home runs?
70. Why did Darth Vader turn off all the lights in the room?
He likes it on the dark side. If you’re a Star Wars superfan, you’ll love these funny Star Wars jokes and puns for both sides of the Force.
71. What’s the smartest type of insect?
A spelling bee.
72. What do cats always wear when they go to bed?
73. What do you call a pile of cats outside?
74. What do you call a sheep that has no legs?
75. What does a spider wear to her wedding?
A webbing dress.
76. What’s a pirate’s favorite country to travel to?
77. What are a pair of monkeys called who share an Amazon account?
78. What did the firefly say to her BFF?
“You glow, girl!”
79. Why couldn’t the pony sing at her choir concert?
She was a little hoarse.
80. Why are fish so smart?
They live in schools.
81. What type of dog is great at telling time?
RELATED: Wolf Puns That Are Howlingly Funny
82. What’s something that falls but will never hit the ground?
83. Why did the girl toss her alarm clock out the door?
To see time fly.
84. Why did the bird get in trouble in class?
He was tweeting on a test.
RELATED: Duck Jokes That Will Quack You Up
85. Why did the boy put his money in the freezer?
He wanted cold, hard cash.
86. What do you call a bull that is sleeping?
87. What’s an astronaut’s favorite meal of the day?
88. What does a volcano say to his crush?
“I lava you!”
89. Why should you never give Elsa a balloon?
She’ll let it go.
90. What do bees brush their hair with?
91. What do you call a cow that plays the saxophone?
92. Where does Spider-Man do research when he needs to find out something?
The World Wide Web.
93. What do you call a turtle that is famous?
A shell-ebrity. All of the precious baby turtles in these photos are cute enough to be shell-ebs, in our opinion!
94. What has thousands of ears but can’t hear at all?
95. What type of pizza do dogs like to order?
RELATED: 70 Funny Dog Photos You Need to See
96. What does an Italian ghost always order when he goes out to eat?
97. Which planet is the best singer?
98. What type of keys are known for being extra sweet?
Cookies. If sweets are on your mind, you’ll devour these donut puns that are just a-dough-rable.
99. What did the finger confess to the thumb?
“I’m in glove with you!”