75 Thanksgiving Wishes That Perfectly Express Your Gratitude
Looking for a sentimental note or a chuckle-inducing quip to show your appreciation? Look no further than this list of Thanksgiving wishes.
RD.COM, GETTY IMAGES
Thanksgiving wishes to share with everyone
There’s plenty to be thankful for on Thanksgiving—family, friends, Grandma’s dynamite stuffing recipe. It’s a time to express gratitude for what you have and those who helped you get it. A meaningful way to show your appreciation? Queue up some Thanksgiving wishes, and send them to those who mean the most to you.
While you could send a Thanksgiving quote or a quote about gratitude, adding the personal touch of a Happy Thanksgiving wish enhances the message and really makes it special. Below, you’ll find the best Thanksgiving wishes for friends, family and everyone in between. Use them as they are or as a springboard for inspiration. You could even use a few of them as cute Thanksgiving captions on Facebook or Instagram. Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Get Reader’s Digest‘s Read Up newsletter for humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Thanksgiving wishes for family
1. I’m so grateful we can gather here today. Happy Thanksgiving to my wonderful [brother/sister/parent/child]—may we celebrate many more together!
2. Happy Thanksgiving! Words can’t express how grateful I am to have you in my life. Thank you for all you do and all you are.
3. On Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for many things in life—and you’re certainly one of them. I appreciate you today and every day.
4. Family is so important—not just on Thanksgiving, but every day. I’m forever thankful we’re in each other’s lives. Wishing you the best Thankgiving yet!
5. I can’t help but reflect on our cherished memories as we gather for Thanksgiving. I am so lucky to have you as a [brother/sister/parent/child]. Cheers to a fabulous holiday spent with family.
6. I’m taking some time to share how much you mean to me. It means so much to sit down and share a holiday with you. Happy Thanksgiving!
7. Happy Thanksgiving to the best [brother/sister/parent/child] I could have asked for. May this holiday bring you happiness, joy and plenty of scrumptious food.
8. I’m so appreciative of our relationship and the person you are. Can’t wait to sit down to a delicious meal with you!
9. Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, and you’re definitely one of mine. Happy Thanksgiving to a one-in-a-million soul—love you lots.
10. Eating heavenly food and being surrounded by family—what more could you want? Happy Thanksgiving!
11. Feeling extra appreciative for family like you this holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving to one of the best.
12. You’re one of my reasons to be grateful—not just on Thanksgiving, but every day of the year. Thank you for being you!
13. I’m so glad we can gather together for Thanksgiving this year. Looking forward to sharing a meal and counting our blessings.
14. Getting together to celebrate the holiday means the world to me. Thank you for being here, and Happy Thanksgiving!
15. Happy Thanksgiving—I’m so thankful we’re family and have shared so many special moments together.
Thanksgiving wishes for friends
16. Thank you for spending Thanksgiving with me. It means so much to have you sitting at the dinner table. Here’s to a great meal!
17. Sending you and your family the warmest Thanksgiving wishes this year.
18. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend—may you have a great day surrounded by those you love most.
19. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love and happiness.
20. This Thanksgiving, I’m grateful for you and our cherished friendship. May you have a restful holiday filled with good company and good food!
21. Thanksgiving is a time to express gratitude and appreciation—and I am incredibly thankful for you. Cheers to a great holiday.
22. There’s nothing like the company of a good friend—both on Thanksgiving and in daily life. I’m grateful you’re in my life, and I hope you have a lovely holiday.
23. Friendship, like a beautiful flower, blooms over time—and I’m so thankful for the companionship that’s blossomed between us. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
24. Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend, and thank you for all you do.
25. Grateful for the joy and happiness you bring, dear pal. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!
26. Wishing you the best—not just today, but every day. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
27. This Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for the gift of our treasured friendship. I appreciate you and all you’ve done for me over the years. Have a great holiday.
28. May this Thanksgiving be one for the books. Wishing you and your family a fabulous holiday filled with love, laughter and a hearty meal.
29. What a blessing friendship is. Thank you for being in my life—your friendship means the world to me. Happy Thanksgiving!
30. Expressing my sincerest gratitude for you, my friend. May this Thanksgiving be the best one yet.
Need to send a special birthday note? Write one of these thoughtful happy birthday messages to show how much you care.
Thanksgiving wishes for co-workers
31. Happy Thanksgiving! May you have a splendid holiday and enjoy the company of loved ones.
32. I’m so grateful to have a co-worker like you. Happy Thanksgiving!
33. Happy Thanksgiving—I hope you and your family have a lovely holiday.
34. I appreciate you and the work we do together. Thank you for all you do. Happy Thanksgiving!
35. Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what you’re thankful for, and I’m eternally appreciative of who you are and the work you do. Have a great holiday!
36. Wishing you the best this Thanksgiving. Cheers!
37. Sending you the warmest Thanksgiving wishes. May the holiday fill your heart with love and joy.
38. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the turkey and the good company!
39. May your Thanksgiving be stress-free and your meal filling. Enjoy!
40. Thanksgiving is such a special time. I hope you spend it surrounded by those you love most, creating lasting memories.
41. I’m so grateful we’ve worked together for as long as we have—thank you for all the laughs and smiles. Cheers to a great Thanksgiving!
42. Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, from my family to yours.
43. This year, I’m thankful to have a great co-worker like you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
44. Your work is simply incredible, and I’m grateful for all you’ve taught me. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
45. To my delightful co-worker: I hope your Thanksgiving is filled to the brim with gratitude, love and happiness.
Bookmark these sweet thank-you messages for when you need to show your appreciation.
Sentimental Thanksgiving wishes
46. I’m filled with appreciation when thinking about our relationship, and I’m eternally grateful for our special bond. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving!
47. On Thanksgiving, we count our blessings and express sincere gratitude for what we have. May your holiday be reflective, appreciative and filled with delight.
48. My heart sings when I think of how much you mean to me. This Thanksgiving, I’m beyond grateful that our paths crossed in this life. Have a restful and enlightened holiday!
49. I’m forever appreciative of your support and kindness. Wishing the best Thanksgiving to one of the loveliest souls in the world.
50. Happy Thanksgiving—may the gratitude and reflection of the season fill up your stomach, heart and soul.
51. Thanksgiving is a special day to reflect on the wonderful things life has brought us. I hope you spend the day embracing all life’s little blessings.
52. Happy Thanksgiving! Let us count our blessings, express our gratitude and tell our loved ones just how much they mean to us.
53. My warmest wishes for you and your loved ones on Thanksgiving. Enjoy the precious time with those who mean the most to you.
54. May you and those you cherish most have an abundant Thanksgiving and holiday season.
55. I hope your plate—and your soul—are full this Thanksgiving.
56. On Thanksgiving, we’re reminded to count our blessings big and small. May you count them with love and gratitude.
57. Thanksgiving is such a special time of year. Take a moment to bask in its glow and cherish those you spend the holiday with.
58. I can’t help but marvel at the wonderful things you’ve accomplished and all the joy you’ve brought to so many. Thank you for being you, and have a lovely Thanksgiving.
59. Happy Thanksgiving to a very special someone. You’re a true light in my life, and I’m forever thankful we have each other.
60. Sending you a special message on Thanksgiving, dear one.
Remember to tell those you love just how much you care as you create lasting Thanksgiving traditions together.
Funny Thanksgiving wishes
61. Happy Thanksgiving. Now, let’s get to the food.
62. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your turkey—and your holiday—are stuffed with great things.
63. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving (emphasis on the eat).
64. Remember: Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, not your calories. Enjoy the holiday!
65. May everyone in your family gobble till they wobble this Thanksgiving.
66. Don’t forget: Leftovers are for quitters. Cheers to a bountiful Thanksgiving!
67. I hope your Thanksgiving is as sweet as pumpkin pie.
68. Cheers to a Thanksgiving that’s anything but fowl.
69. Don’t worry—I know I’m the No. 1 thing you’re thankful for. No need to tell the others. Happy Thanksgiving!
70. Are you already looking forward to that post-Thanksgiving nap? Yeah, so am I. Enjoy the holiday before hitting the couch.
71. Heard you finally made it to the adults table—about time! Don’t blow it. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy Thanksgiving.
72. Happy Thanksgiving! May the food be delicious and the dinner conversation be civil.
73. Hey, I’m just grateful I’m not the turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!
74. Hoping your Thanksgiving is full of love and free of fowl play.
75. The thing I’m most thankful for this year? That I’m not hosting Thanksgiving. Appreciate you having everyone over—Happy Thanksgiving!
Next, bookmark these funny Thanksgiving quotes that will make your Thanksgiving dinner guests crack up.