Rules for the Moth Ticket Giveaway
The Reader’s Digest/The Moth GrandSLAM Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes (#772) is sponsored by The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes begins on September 23, 2015 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on March 31, 2016, at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“Sweepstakes Period).
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and members of their immediate families or members of the same household (whether related or not) of employees, officers or directors of Sponsor, its affiliated or subsidiary companies, the presenting organizations, or independent judging agents are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Promotion by visiting the Reader’s Digest/The Moth GrandSLAM Ticket Giveaway website (stage.rd.com/moth-tickets) (the website) and completing and submitting the online entry form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per day, per person and per email address for each event. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These Official Rules are also available on the website. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not liable for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or jumbled, stolen, postage due mail or illegible entries or for printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, hardware or software failures, lost, unavailable, failed or delayed computer transmissions or any error which may occur in the receipt/processing or storage of entries, including the failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof. Sponsor is also not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to participant’s or third person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant for an on-line entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. All information provided by entrant must be complete, true and correct. If an entry does not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Sweepstakes or on-line portion if at any time the on-line service is no longer available or if any fraud virus, bugs, or other intervention beyond Sponsor’s control corrupts the administration or security of the promotion. In either of these events, prize may be awarded based on entries received prior to date of termination and mail and phone entries received as of the closing date. In the event the Sweepstakes is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
3. Prizes: Grand Prize: Two (2) grand prize winners will each receive a voucher redeemable for two (2) tickets to one of seventeen (17) GrandSLAM events according to the Event Drawing Schedule below. The Approximate Retail Value “ARV” of each Grand Prize is $50.00. Total ARV of all 17 prizes in this sweepstakes is $1,700. Winners will be provided all details of Event location at the time of winner notification. Grand Prize winners will receive a voucher, which expires on the date of the show, and are responsible for redeeming the voucher in accordance with the provided instructions/terms. Tickets redeemed in accordance with any voucher will be held at each venue for pickup by prize winner at the time of the show. Please note the show is subject to cancellation without notice and the show schedule is subject to change without notice. Please come back often to check for any changes. Winner is responsible for all travel arrangements and costs.
4. Winner Selection: A series of seventeen (17) separate event drawings will be held, as described in the Event Drawing Schedule chart below. In each Event Drawing, winner will be selected in a random drawing by a Reader’s Digest representative from among all eligible entries received up to and including the close date listed in the applicable Event Drawing set forth in the Event Drawing Schedule. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes, and time, for all purposes relevant to the Sweepstakes, is measured based on Eastern Time.
5. Consumer Disclosure/Award Rules: Winners in each drawing will be notified by mail and/or email on or around the dates set forth in the Event Drawing Schedule using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Winner will be notified by email within 1 day of the drawing and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release within 2 days of prize notification attempt or winner may be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact a winner or a winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Any prize/prize notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian, in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize, in whole or in part, for another prize of comparable or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person and per email address. Winners are solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local taxes, if any. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash value or exchanged for any other prize by winner. No transfer or assignment of prizes permitted.
Odds of winning in any monthly drawing depend on the aggregate number of entries received from the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period until the entry deadline for that drawing, but are estimated between 1:500 and 1:8,500 (see event schedule for details here https://stage.rd.com/moth-tickets)Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, city, state of residence and comments in advertising and promotional materials unless prohibited by law. Winner may also be required to consent to the use of their signatures, photographs and likeness in advertising and promotional materials unless prohibited by law.
6. No Recourse To Judicial Or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Westchester County in the State of New York and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
7. Consumer Information: Name, city and state of residence of prize winner may appear in a printed list which will be available on or about April 30, 2016. Sponsor may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, wish to receive the list of winners, have any questions about the Sweepstakes, or do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: The Reader’s Digest Sweepstakes, PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. To receive the winners list, specify The Reader’s Digest/The Moth GrandSLAM Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes (#772) and include your return name and address. Request must be received by December 30, 2016.
See Event Drawing Schedule for details.
*Odds depend on the number of eligible entries received.
You Have Not Yet Won.
No one will know who the winner is until after the contest ends. Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted. Your entry deadline may vary. See Official Rules for details.
Entry Is Free.
You don’t have to buy anything to enter. Just fill out the Entry Form as directed. You will be entered for each prize offered in this sweepstakes.
Buying Won’t Help You Win.
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.
Event Drawing Schedule*
*Event Schedule subject to change